It’s essential to have a decent grasp of how online casino low wagering works. Top Dog Casinos explains you the basic mechanics of these wagering requirements.
It’s the millions-dollar question asked by countless newcomers every hour of every day:
Can you win money from online casinos and generate a decent income?
Sadly, it’s also a question that has no easy answer. On one hand, you could say that yes – some people take online casinos to the cleaners and pocket enormous prizes. On the other, you could (quite rightly) argue that the odds are always tipped in favor of the house.
Even when the house edge is relatively non-existent (which applies with certain wagers when playing games like roulette), it still exists. From a purely mathematical standpoint, therefore, it is true to say that the house always wins.
At least, when you consider online casino gaming from a long-term perspective.
But this does not mean that there aren’t ways of at least slightly tipping the balance in your favor. Perhaps not to such an extent as to guarantee wins, but to give yourself every shot at pocketing a prize while minimizing the risk of losses.
Taking Advantage of Low Wagering Casino Bonuses
Just to clarify one important point, there’s no such thing as free money from an online casino. Irrespective of how appealing their marketing messages may be, bonuses should never be interpreted as cash handouts.
They’re predominantly provided purely as a form of ‘play’ money – bonus credit to be used enjoying the games on offer and what’s more.
This is due to the fact that almost all casino bonuses are governed by wagering requirements, alongside other terms and conditions. Wagering requirements stipulate how many times you need to play through (or wager) the value of the bonus, in order to get your hands on your winnings.
For obvious reasons, low wagering casino bonuses are therefore preferable where available. Or better yet, no-wager casino bonuses – even thinner on the ground.
The lower wagering (or wager-free) casino bonuses you take advantage of, the easier it becomes to make money. Nevertheless, it is essential to have a decent grasp of how wagering requirements work, along with the other terms and conditions to factor in when hunting down the best bonus offers.
How Wagering Requirements Work
Wagering requirements vary enormously from one casino and bonus offer to the next. Though in all instances, the basic mechanics of wagering requirements are always the same.
A typical example to illustrate how wagering requirements work:
- You find a casino advertising a welcome bonus offer worth 300%
- After signing up, you deposit £100 into your account
- You claim your bonus offer of 300% your deposit = £300
- This £300 is added to your account, giving you £400 to play with
- The bonus is subject to 20X wagering requirements
- 20X £300 = £6,000
- You need to wager £6,000 in total to withdraw the bonus funds
Until you have satisfied the wagering requirements specified, you are unable to withdraw the bonus funds or any winnings derived from them.
All of a sudden, what seems to be a generous bonus offer becomes a completely redundant incentive for most players. Precisely why low wagering casino bonuses should be prioritized, which tend to be those of a more sensible and realistic nature.
Other Terms and Conditions to Check Out
More often than not, low wagering casino bonuses (and wager-free bonuses) are better than their high-wager counterparts. It really is as simple as that. Unless you plan on wagering vast sums of cash to get your hands on a fairly modest bonus.
But even when you track down a casino bonus with low wagering requirements, it’s still important to check the T&Cs to make sure it’s legit. When doing so, keep an eye out for the following:
- Time restrictions – the amount of time you have to fulfil the wagering requirements, before the offer is withdrawn.
- Withdrawal limitations – the maximum amount you can withdraw, irrespective of how much you win using the bonus funds.
- Permitted games – some bonus offers specify that only certain games can be played to contribute to the wagering requirements.
- Geographic restrictions – you may be automatically excluded from contention due to your location at the time.
- Payment method – there are also some bonuses that are restricted to customers using specific deposit and withdrawal methods.
Truth is, most casino bonus offers are unlikely to see you out of pocket. But if your intention is to take home a prize and ultimately make money, you need to focus on honest and transparent incentives that put the player first.
Incentives that tend to be few and far between, but can be tracked down if you know where to look for them!